Aspera has been working in partnership with manufacturers for over 20 years.
We challenge our customers to get the most from their ERP investment, providing a real platform for growth, expansion and return on investment.
Outlined below are some of the ERP Benefits for Manufacturers we have seen through our implementations and ongoing customer support:
ERP Benefits for Manufacturers
Benefit 1: ERP Streamlines Key Manufacturing Business Processes, Delivering Greater Adaptability
- ERP aligns key business processes across planning, design, development, procurement, inventory, manufacturing, sales and delivery.
- Improves management of supply V’s demand, and manages all resources/assets across the value chain.
Benefit 2: ERP Facilitates Decision Making with Strategic Business Insights
- ERP has numerous analytical performance measurement tools available to improve strategic planning and monitor the overall health of the business
- ERP delivers 360 degree visibility over forecasts, budgets, correct resource allocation and objectives
- Responds to business needs in a timely manner.
Benefit 3: Improved Productivity
- Better collaboration across functions, with consolidated information, aligned strategies and standardised operational processes.
- Real time access to one version of the truth.
- Easy access to data and critical documents with truly mobile ERP
Benefit 4: Enhanced Customer Satisfaction Levels
- Improved delivery dates, stock availability, and product manufacture augment customer satisfaction levels.
- ERP facilitates faster time to market
- Embedded CRM ensures single source for all customer interactions and strong service level focus. Full after sales service through CRM and Customer QC process including complaints, queries, RMA and traceability
Benefit 5: Manage Demand Pro-actively
- Improve customer demand forecasts with sales history combined with customer forecasts, taking into account seasonal and promotional factors
- Use simulations, demand models and error analysis to determine optimum stock levels for better profit and operational margins.
Benefit 6: Increase Revenue Opportunities
- Improve business control of profit margin at estimation / quotation stage through real-time availability of material and resource costs, quotation approval control across sales, engineering and finance.
- Improve cash flow through more efficient and accurate billing procedures, lower inventory and quicker turnaround.
- Identify new opportunities through improved visibility across capacity planning and real-time monitoring of KPI’s
- Identify new sales opportunities through integrated eCommerce and customer portals (B2B & B2C)
Benefit 7: Reduce Operating Costs
- Manual processes across multiple systems are replaced by streamlined processes across one system with process visibility, control and management
- Inventory management costs are reduced through accurate forecasting and optimised warehouse management
- Reduce cost of sales via new sales channels e.g. eCommerce and customer portals
- LEAN Manufacturing fully supported
Benefit 8: Improved Visibility and Reduced Costs Across the Supply Chain
- Connect inventory, production, purchasing and sales processes to gain accurate view of the entire supply chain
- Improve collaboration and trading partners e.g. EDI, supplier portals, etc.
- Implement role tailored views of real-time data to manage tasks, and view KPI’s and reports.
- Control inventory costs with inventory and warehouse management, including RF handhelds and bar-coded labels/documents.
Benefit 9: Control and Streamline Inventory
- MRP and inventory management tools improve forecasting and planning, to match supply with demand and reduce stock levels
- Create sales and purchasing forecasts based on specific customers and time periods
Benefit 10: Improve Material and Product Traceability
- Track materials from purchase, through production and sales with lot and location control.
- Implement effective recall procedures and maintain complete forward and backward traceability of any material.
Benefit 11: Support for a Variety of Manufacturing Models
- Tailor your ERP to serve Engineer-to-Order (ETO), Make-to-Order (MTO), Make -to Stock (MTS), Assemble-to-Order (ATO)
- Meet specific customer needs from design, to assembly, testing, shipping, installation and maintenance.
- Efficiently produce products that follow custom formulas, recipes and take full advantage of manufacturing and supply chain capabilities.
Benefit 12: Gain Insight and Control
- Track budgeted versus actual costs in real-time to enable corrective action.
- Support management and users with real-time access to personal and business KPI’s.
- Track job, project sales margins in real-time as production proceeds.
Benefit 13: ERP Solutions (Such as Epicor) are Built on Microsoft Technology Platforms
Epicor solutions are built on the Microsoft .NET Framework so they support RESTful services, allowing integration with MS productivity tools and native integration into the AI and IoT hub in Azure.