Cloud ERP offers customers improvements in responsiveness, agility and costs to help businesses digitally transform and get fit for growth
Epicor Software Corporation has been positioned in the Visionaries quadrant of the first ”Magic Quadrant for Cloud ERP for Product-Centric Midsize Enterprises” by Gartner Inc. The position is based on a full evaluation of the global enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution, Epicor ERP.
The Magic Quadrant for Cloud ERP focuses on ERP systems that are offered in a cloud services application deployment and covers product-centric, midsize enterprises across all geographies.
“Gartner’s validation of Epicor as an ERP Visionary is confirmation of something we have known for some time”, commented Lonan Byrne, MD of Aspera Solutions. “As an Epicor Gold Partner, Aspera delivers flexible, industry-specific ERP solutions that result in enterprise growth and reduced complexity across both single and multi-site environments.”
According to the report, the market for ERP suites for product-centric enterprises is shifting from on-premises deployments to cloud services. By 2021, 70% of all new midmarket cloud ERP application projects for product-centric enterprises (typically either manufacturing companies or distribution companies), will be public cloud implementations.
A product-centric cloud ERP suite provides some or all of the following:
- Operational ERP functionality. Supply chain- and manufacturing-related functionality, such as demand management (order management and material requirements planning [MRP]), inventory management, supply chain/direct procurement, manufacturing control capabilities (shop floor), and distribution/logistics.
- Financial management functionality.
- Basic purchasing functionality.
- Human Capital Management functionality.
- Specialised industry-specific modules or applications. These include modules such as enterprise asset management (EAM), configure-to-order (CTO), make-to-order (MTO), product life cycle management (PLM) and field service management (FSM).
Read the full report here.