Job Spec: Technical Consultant (UK or Ireland)
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Consultant to join the Aspera Solutions team (in the UK or Ireland).
Why should you think about joining Aspera?
Aspera Solutions is a successful, award winning ERP Consultancy serving mid-tier manufacturing, distribution, service and solution companies in EMEA.
We are growing year on year and pride ourselves on innovation, knowledge leadership and value delivery of Epicor’s flagship ERP system, Epicor ERP.
In working with Aspera Solutions, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of innovative and value driven, ERP professionals.
We currently have a vacancy for a Technical Consultant based in either the United Kingdom or Ireland. Candidate must have at least 5 years’ hands-on experience implementing mid-market ERP projects and expertise with Technical toolset. We are looking for a dedicated individual with exceptional organisation and communication skills and ability to deliver technical aspects of ERP implementation projects.
Role Summary/Key Responsibilities:
- Provide billable consulting services on customer-facing projects.
- Champion and adhere to organisation’s implementation methodology and approach.
- Be responsible for sizing and specifying hardware requirements and application software installations.
- Work with Project Managers to organise and deliver technical tasks within the project plan.
- Engage in deployment, technical training, and troubleshooting analysis of Epicor application and SQL Databases.
- Provide consulting services for designing, estimating, architecting, training, technical development, deployments, and troubleshooting.
- Carry out customisations and modifications including SSRS reports.
- Manage client expectations and maintain communication throughout the course of the project.
- Engage in new product release research to learn how new products and related applications can be deployed, configured, and customised/modified.
- Take ownership and work in a team to raise the bar on delivery of quality technical solutions.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (at minimum).
- At least 5 years of professional experience working in a similar technical role with ERP systems.
- Microsoft SQL Server Maintenance (install, upgrade, troubleshoot, backup/restore).
- Microsoft Visual Studio, C# coding.
- SQL Analysis (tracing, querying, monitoring).
- SQL Scripting (T-SQL, Indexing, complex/structured queries, stored procedures).
- SQL Reporting Services (SSRS – Design, build, deploy) and SQL Analysis Services (Business Intelligence)
- System Administration of Windows server Operating systems and associated technologies (IIS, RDS etc)
- Experience with Virtualisation (VMWare/Hyper-V) or Cloud (Azure/ AWS) platforms.
- Administration of web/server-side applications.
- PowerShell/ Batch Scripting experience advantageous.
- System Analysis Experience (performance troubleshooting & environment mapping).
- System Training Delivery (technical overviews, end user training, train the trainer).
- Professional presence and demeanour in both communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly and effectively build strong working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the customer on technical aspects of work.
- Strong time management skills as you will have multiple priorities to focus on in a week that often changes based on customer demands.
- Innate service mentality and care for the client experience.
- A self-driven and ambitious individual that can demonstrate the ability to perform tasks with quality and in a timely manner with a minimum of supervision.
- Travel requirements within the UK and Ireland.
Salary range and benefits commensurate with industry norms and candidate experience.
Implementing or upgrading ERP is not just about choosing the right solution for your company, it’s also about choosing the right partner to work with.
Since 1995 Aspera Solutions has partnered with businesses to deliver world class ERP solutions that deliver more than business intelligent software. Our implementations drive profitability and deliver growth, control and collaboration improvements that get you where you want to be, and beyond.
In everything ERP implementation we do, we consider your specific company needs, vision, quirks and strengths. Balancing innovation with practicality every step of the way.
We are ERP Providers and Knowledge Leaders.
We deliver significant Epicor ERP Solutions and Aptean Ross results, and aim to make a positive difference – every time we step in the door.